Monday, January 19, 2015

Good morning Hong Kong

Jan, 19, 2015
What a long trip, although honestly not as bad as we had thought.  Had great seats and were able to walk around a lot. Aisle seats make a lot of difference, particularly when there is an empty seat beside as well.  Everything on time until we landed and our baggage was lost,   Fortunately, this was temporary, misplaced at the HK airport.

We met the owner of our apt., George.  A very nice guy who took the time to walk around the neighborhood with us.  We appear to be in a great location in Wan Chai - lots of activity.  Rich immediately was drawn to a noodle shop and then we walked back to settle in.  The apartment is huge - actually bigger than it looked like in the photos.  Mirrors everywhere - unfortunate in that I can see my image everywhere and will be able to easily see the weight that I gain!

Views from the apt. are spectacular!  Love watching the boats in the bay.  The night views are just as wonderful as I remember from our first trip.

George talked about how safe this city is - very low crime rate.   Indeed, I felt this way the first time we were here.  Love walking around at night.  The color of the city is magical and very modern.  Even though I was technically too tired to walk around last night, I was almost instantly energized by the city and numbers of people walking around.  The city is so alive!

Today we will explore - probably buy a few groceries, do some shopping, if I have my way, and eat dim sum, if Rich has his way.



  



No comments:

Post a Comment